Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I was recognized in New York City for the first time while I was on Periscope



I'm a big fan of Periscope. I use it almost every day to talk with strangers about anything and everything: my Apple Watch, my roommate's dog Milo, my life in New York.



Yesterday, while waiting for a friend outside Penn Station, I was Periscoping - talking to the camera and answering questions as usual - when someone in the stream asked, "Have people on the street recognized you from Periscope?" I responded with a hasty "no," but then, for whatever reason, I spotted someone with a self-balancing unicycle.



"This guy's got an SBU," I exclaimed to the 190 live viewers. And that's when it happened. "You're from The Verge!" he shouted back. To be fair, I was wearing a shirt that said "The Verge" across my chest. My new friend Patrick had...



No comments:

Post a Comment