Monday, February 4, 2013

My Journey to the Dark Side: If this is what Android offers, Apple investors have nothing to worry about


“It is no secret to anyone that knows me that I love technology. I’m also usually very loyal once I find a good brand that makes quality products. I used to only buy Hewlett-Packard computers, until I got my first Apple Macbook,” Chad Henage writes for The Motley Fool. “Being exposed to Apple’s technology made me a fan of the first iPhone, and not long after, I bought an iPhone 3G. Given this background, you would think when Apple introduced the iPhone 5 that I would have been itching to upgrade. However, just like Apple solved a problem for me by allowing the iPhone to replace my iPod and cell phone, I was looking for a smartphone that could replace my tablet as well.”



“I did a lot of research, watched video reviews, and read reviews about several devices from the iPhone 5 to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Of all of the choices, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 seemed like the one that might be able to replace my tablet and cell phone,” Henage writes. “I figured if I were to make the jump from Apple’s eco-system to Google’s (NASDAQ: GOOG) Android system, the Galaxy Note 2 would be my chance.”



Henage writes, “If you are looking at buying Google because of the Android OS, don’t waste your time. Google is a great company, and the plethora of Android devices only serves to extend their lead when it comes to services like Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Maps... However, if you are looking for a great device company, look at Apple. The company has tight control over its hardware and software offerings, and the difference in quality apps on iOS versus Android is stark... The tight integration of iCloud, better quality apps and consistent iOS experience is just better. Call me a fanboy if you want, but I’ve tried both systems, and if this is what Android offers, Apple investors have nothing to worry about.”



Read more in the full article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment